Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

He's Home!...with Strep Throat!


Thanks for everything, Mom! We love you!
Jake loves Pat-Pat so much that he wanted to give her a big kiss
before we left...and share his strep throat with her!


Yes, you read the title correctly, poor little Jake has strep throat! Mom called me Wednesday morning and said Jake was running a fever and had diarrhea, so I just thought he had caught the stomach virus. I knew my mom would take excellent care of Jake, so I went on to work that night. Jake was still running fevers and had diarrhea by Thursday, but again, I still thought it was probably the stomach bug that and I reassured my mom everything was going to be ok. Anyways, I got to Thomaston Thursday night right before Jake went to bed; I took one woof of Jake's breath and I knew immediately that it was strep! We took him to a doctor in Thomaston on Friday and they confirmed the diagnosis. What's so weird about this whole thing is that strep is VERY uncommon in Jake's age group; seriously, it like ALMOST NEVER happens in children under 2. Oh well, I guess one good thing that came out of this is that at least Jake didn't catch the stomach bug...yet. Thanks for taking such good care of Jake, Mom and Dad, while I was sick and while I worked. I'm sorry that y'all got sick, too, and had to take care of my sick baby on top of it all!

1 comment:

Squarebush said...

Goodness, strep in late 20s sucks. I can't imagine how much it must suck for a baby.