"It's hardwork to stay so beautiful...and to maintain my mullet."Jake will be 10 months old tomorrow! I can't believe he is almost a year old! Where has the time gone? Anyways, we have had an exciting last few days...Jake took his first steps! He's been standing a good bit on his own these last few weeks and has taken a few steps here and there, but on Saturday, Jake took 4 steps from my mom to me! I was shocked...I had no idea it was coming. Sunday morning when Tyson was home, Jake showed his daddy his new skills, too, and took another 3-4 steps! Of course today, though, I've tried video-taping him walking, but the "subject" wouldn't cooperate. I'll be sure to get it on video once I have someone else around to video tape!
What else are we doing? Jake is not adapting well to day-light savings yet. Will someone please tell my child to turn his clock back an hour? Mommy doesn't play so well at 6 a.m.! Jake is adapting pretty well, though, to eating table food. He doesn't seem be too picky about what he eats, but he definitely prefers a waffle or a ham sandwich versus a fancy meal! He is quite stubborn, though, during meal times. I am starting to realize my child despises anything that requires a spoon; he is definitely a finger-foods kind of guy!
Jake loves to play! Whether it's a game of chase, peek-a-boo, hide and seek, it doesn't matter! His new thing that he loves to do is to pull up on my back, let me "look" for him a couple of times, and then pop his head out so I can find him. He thinks this is so funny! We do it about 20-30 times a day. He is also fascinated with opening and closing doors and has been for a while; well, now he likes to close doors, hide, and then he knocks for me to open it and find him. He is such a mess!
Now on to the video...I tried capturing him taking some steps, but as I said in the beginning, he is being rather uncooperative. I thought this video was cute either way because he is holding my cell phone saying "Da Da Da." (We talk to Da Da a good bit on the phone during the day if you can't tell!). Also, you will hear some gibberish after Da Da that is kind of hard to make out, but it is Jake saying "Buh Buh." What does that mean you might ask? "Buh" is what Jake calls Mommy these days! I don't know where he got it from, especially since he can say "ma ma," but whatever. It's still cute! Happy 10 month Birthday, Jake!




3 comments:
Thanks for sharing all of Jake's 'doings' with us; he is the cutest thing.
Don't you love that play table. Kara loved hers. I kept it for the longest because she had so much fun with it. He is too cute Beth. I can't believe he's walking!
Don't you love that play table? Kara loved hers. I kept it for the longest because she liked it so much. He is too cute Beth. I can't believe that guy is walking!
Post a Comment