Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tennessee


I love you Kesha!!

This is the play when we got a big interception.

Tyson (in the middle with hands on hips) watching the defense!

Funny picture! Look how little DB Matt Taylor (#43) looks against those Tennessee offensive lineman!

Tyson (far left) and the Defensive coaches.

Run Joe Webb, Run!

Swayze Waters punting away the ball!










Well, UAB fell 35-3 to Tennessee yesterday, and I was there melting away to witness it all. Seriously, it was the most miserable game I have ever been to in terms of heat. I don't know how hot it was, but I applied sunblock with an SPF of 50 before the game and still got burnt to a crisp. Even my fingers are burned!! At one point during the game, I started getting really nauseous and realized the heat really was getting to me; people were passing out left and right and having to get medical attention. After growing up in South Georgia and attending many Georgia games and Georgia Southern games, I thought I was tough when it came to heat, but nothing compared to the blazing Tennessee sun yesterday!! I survived, though, and I was just so grateful I didn't bring Jake to that game...we would have been in a mess!! Luckily, Jake was with his granddad and both of his grandmothers in Georgia in the AC watching the game and getting spoiled. I missed him so much, but I really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with Tyson. Thanks to everyone for all the texts of well-wishes during the game...y'all have no idea how much that means to us. Go Blazers!

1 comment:

Marijayde said...

sorry for the loss! I am bowing to you on braving the heat!!

LOVE the new look of the blog, kiss that sweet baby for me :>

((HUGS))