Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Our New Adventure

This past Monday, Tyson boarded a plane headed for Denver, Colorado for our latest adventure (click here).  Yep, Tyson is going to be the defensive coordinator at Colorado State for our good friend, Coach Mike Bobo.

What a whirlwind it was- we got home from the bowl game on Saturday afternoon, the talks began, and by Sunday, Tyson was packing his bags.  Now mind you, other than a few hours here and there, Tyson hasn't really been around much these past 5 months, and we were really looking forward to some much-needed family time this week.  I was really sad to see him go so soon, but that is the world that we live in.  The boys and I will stay in Orlando until school is out in June; Tyson really wants us there sooner, but I'm being "mama bear" (as Tyson calls it) and not moving the boys mid-year.  I did that when we moved to Orlando in 2012, and I swore I'd never do it again...it was so hard.  Plus, I really want to stick around so that I can be closer to my mom during her surgery and recovery.

When we first told the boys, Walker was fine and so innocently asked, "Is Dalton going too?"  Jake, on the other hand, started crying before Tyson could even finish his sentence.  He said he didn't want to leave his school and his friends. :(  Tyson ended up having to to take Jake for a walk to talk to him and calm him down.  By the time they got back, Jake was fine, though, and excited about the snow and living near the Denver Broncos.  Hahaha.

These are definitely going to be a hard 5 months, so we would appreciate any prayers you could send this way.  Thanks so much and Go Rams!

1 comment:

Bowens Bunch said...

Wow!! That's exactly how I felt this time last year...enduring football season & recruiting...& just when I thought we were getting him back...BOOM! He moves to Mobile. And this was in the midst horrible morning sickness.
:( And Taylor took it hard just like Jake...it was hard for my social butterfly to leave his buddies behind. Good ole coaching life...