Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2014

Big Boy Can't Crawl

 Jake at 6 months crawling...
 Walker at 6 months crawling...
 Anderson at 7 months just hanging out.





 "WHY AM I NOT MOVING??!!!"
 "WHY AM I NOT GOING ANYWHERE??!!"
 "PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND HELP ME!!!!" Hahaha!



Tyson and I had a discussion the other day about our boys and how their crawling was kind of an indication of their little personalities so far.  Jake, I'll never forget, was always very determined- like in that top picture.  He'd army crawl as hard as he could to get where he needed to go, and then he'd REACH as hard as he could; he wasn't going to let anything get in his way until he got where he needed to go.  And sure enough, even to this day, he's still very determined, strong-willed, focus, and STUBBORN AS A MULE!  Walker, on the other hand, started crawling as soon as I realized that I should probably put him on his stomach on the floor for a bit.  Crawling just came very easily for Walker- it wasn't a very pretty crawl, but it got the job done.  Walker just seems to have that natural ability- not just in sports but academics as well.  Walker hears me going over math and spelling with Jake, and he can repeat it all back to after only hearing them a few times (like 5+5=10 or like d-o-n-e spells done).  It frustrated Jake to death, but when Jake started coach pitch, Walker could easily hit the ball whereas Jake had a lot of swings and misses.  Now, Jake worked really hard and eventually got where he got better at hitting the ball, but for a while, he couldn't understand why his little brother and no problems hitting the ball and he did.


And then there's Anderson...poor sweet boy is just stuck on the floor and can't move.  His belly is just so big that he doesn't have the strength to overcome it and get it off the floor.  He just gets to kicking his legs and moving his arms so hard (like he's swimming), but the kid just ain't going anywhere!  Hahahaha!  The problem is, though, that he doesn't seem to care !  You know how everyone says that little siblings will crawl/walker faster so they can keep up with their big siblings?  Well, that is definitely not Anderson's case; he sees the big boys running around all over the place, and Anderson just lays there and watches and smiles.


Now, he is our biggest boy, but Anderson really isn't much bigger than Jake was at the time, so I don't know if I can even use that excuse for him.  I asked Tyson what he thinks Anderson's lack of crawling says about his personality, and I think we both hope it doesn't mean he's going to be lazy.  I like to think he's just content and happy to be doing whatever.  Right? ;)


Honestly, this post isn't meant to be taken too seriously.  I do wonder if there is a correlation in crawling (or any of the big milestones) and their personalities, but other than that, I'm not worried about Anderson's crawling.  Maybe it's that he's my third baby and I could care less about milestones and what everyone else's kid is doing...or maybe it's that he's my third (and last baby) and I "don't put him down enough" (per my doctor in good humor).  Either way, he'll crawl when's he ready; it definitely makes for cute mad pics, though. 

No comments: