Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Trip to Georgia



Last week, Tyson had a few days off of work, so I left the kids with him and took off to visit my family in Georgia.  My first stop was in Thomaston, Ga, to see my parents; I haven't been to Thomaston since we moved to Orlando 2 years ago.  Needless to say, it was a long, overdue trip.  The next morning, I woke up and drove to Cochran to visit my grandparents.  My grandmother's Parkinson's dementia is really taking a toll on her.  She is nonverbal but could still recognize me; in fact, the second I walked in the door, she started crying her eyes out.  It absolutely broke my heart.  I showed her pictures of my boys and a video that Walker had made her, and she just cried some more.  I was only able to stay a few hours, and she watched me constantly to make sure I hadn't left. :(  As sad and as hard as it was, I am so thankful I got to go and spend time with her and my granddaddy (and my cousins, too).

My last stop was in Tifton to see my sister and her family.  I got a ton of silly selfies with the kids on my phone, but nothing on my camera.  They were super cute and enjoyed their time with Aunt Beth, but Jace told me that next time I "need to bring his cousins."  Hahaha!

Thanks to my awesome husband for allowing me to have this kid-free time to go see my family!

No comments: