The lizard hunters!
Last week was a very hard week for us; I was trying to take it easy, so the boys and I just hung out at home...a lot. Well hanging out at home = boredom, which = FIGHTING! Oh my goodness, I didn't think I was going to survive the weekend, but we made it out alive and I swore to myself that no matter how I felt, we were not going to stay at home. Luckily, my awesome friends picked up on my insanity and jumped right in to help. We now have fun playdates scheduled almost every day until school starts and people are bringing us food and anything else they can to help. I don't know what I'd do without my friends here...it honestly takes a village to survive football season!
The pictures above are from one of my desperate attempts to entertain the boys this past weekend. My boys are so spoiled rotten that having a swimming pool in their backyard means nothing to them and it's like pulling teeth to get them out there, so I had to spice it up and add the bounce house to the pool area for fun. It didn't entertain them as long as I would've liked, however, the lizards did.
I don't know if y'all know this or not, but lizards are EVERYWHERE here in Florida. And they love to crawl on our screens around the pool. Well, the Summers boys LOVE to shoot the lizards down and knock them off the screen; it's almost a game to them. As long as I'm not having to pick up a dead lizard or getting attacked by a lizard, I just let the boys have at it. Lizard hunting will entertain the boys for hours, and it is something they do together where they are actually getting along and not fighting. Win, win, I tell you! Ha!



No comments:
Post a Comment