Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School!

 First Day of 3K for Walker!

 First day of Kindergarten for Jake!

 Jake was NOT excited about having to wear khaki shorts and getting his picture taken.  Walker is mocking him, of course.
 At least Jake can quickly throw on a fake smile.
 Jake's classroom!!!
And there he goes!  That is his teacher, Mrs. Winemiller.
 
It's the first day of school!  Woo hoo...or as Walker said this morning "hallelujah!"   Ha!  I think he's heard his mama say that one too many times!
 
Let me start by saying that Jake has really surprised me about how excited he's been to start Kindergarten.  For someone that can be so shy and introverted at times, he has fully embraced this experience from the get-go.  He actually told me the other night at meet the teacher that he never wanted to leave his Kindergarten class; he instantly fell in love with his teacher, classroom, school, etc.  His best friend, Daniel, is in his class and two other neighborhood/karate buddies as well.
 
Walker, on the other hand, who is my not-so-shy child, kept telling everyone that he was "nervous."  (He has a hard time pronouncing his "r's" so it sounds extra cute).  Ha!  What makes it even funnier is that 3 of my good friends are his teachers, he's going to the same school that he's gone to since we moved here (which is also where we go to church), and his 2 best friends are in the class.  Silly boy.  He's honestly become such a mama's boy that I think he just doesn't want to leave me. :(
 
Getting the boys off to school went ok this morning.  I had to fight the clothes battle with Jake (Mr. I  only want to wear "athletic clothes"), and I ended up just giving in and letting him change after pictures and before we left for school.  I would hate for his first day to be ruined because I made him wear khaki's.  Ugh.  And Walker was pitching a fit because he didn't want to wear his new shoes because they give him "Bwisters."  Whatever...they caught me at a vulnerable state and won this morning.
 
Jake's school is actually 0.5 mile door to door from our house, so all our neighbors walk their kids to school.  Well, for some crazy reason, I thought it would be neat if we walked to school this morning, too, so we met up with all the neighbors and walked in one big group to the school.  What a bad idea!  Being 9 months pregnant walking in 90 degree Orlando heat in August with a 3 year old in tote was a NIGHTMARE!!  I had even gotten up early this morning and all to shower for my 10:30 doctor's appointment...as you can imagine, I was a sweaty miserable mess by the time I got back to the house and had to shower AGAIN after dropping Walker off.  Speaking of Walker, he was even so miserable with the walk that he pitched a fit the whole way home, and that's not like him.  Ugh!  Peer pressure! ;)
 
Walker did great with drop-off.  He's been giving me a hard time all summer whenever I leave him anywhere (summer school or school), so I just knew I was in for it this morning.  It really helped already knowing his teachers so well, though.
 
Anyways, I hope everyone has a great school year!!


No comments: