Friday, August 2, 2013
And So It Begins...
Football camp started this week. I have dreaded this time from the second I found out I was pregnant and due in September. It is hot as you know what, the kids are going crazy, I'm at that miserable part of pregnancy, and my husband is never home except to sleep in his bed. Blah. I usually try to get out of town during camp, but my doctor wouldn't let me travel past 32 weeks. I just keep telling myself that if I can make it to August 19th (when the boys start back school), I'll be fine.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my husband or his job; this is my 8th (?) season and I'm actually used to Tyson's crazy hours. It was hard getting used to his schedule the first few years, especially as a new mom, but I really don't know any different now. I love being a coach's wife, I just hate August with a passion, pregnant or not pregnant.
Anyways, the boys and I are trying to go to as many practices as we can before they start school. The boys are finally at ages where they enjoy watching practice and can behave (for the most part). ;) Jake is constantly begging me to let him go to work with Daddy and to let him be "the water boy." So cute- too bad Coach O'Leary would NEVER go for either thing. There are definitely days where I've thought about shipping him off to the football office, though. ;)
Click here for the link to our schedule. Our first game is August 29 at home with Akron and the regular season ends December 7th at SMU. I'm usually much more concerned with the games in between, but I have a feeling when baby Anderson comes, all I'm going to care about is "when is football season over?!" Ha! Go Knights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
oh beth I know those first few months are going to be so hard!!! Hopefully Jake and Walker will 'play' and entertain each other some! If I was still single I would pack my bags and come down there for a week and help!
If anyone can do it you can!
Post a Comment