Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Swim Meet #2!
It's a good thing I took a ton of pictures at the last swim meet because this picture is the only one I got from this one. It was just way too crowded at this meet to even attempt to get any pictures, but I had to take one of my swimmer with his ribbons.
Let me start by saying that even though Jake did awesome at the last swim meet and this one, he is not loving swim team. :( He said he doesn't want to let his team or his coach down so he's not going to quit, but I don't think swimming is in Jake's future. :( He's much more into contact sports. It probably doesn't help that he's been going to these sports camps the last two weeks and is coming home absolutely exhausted; in fact, he started feeling bad last night as we got to the swim meet...I think being in the heat all day is just getting to him. He still did really well and won first place in both of his events- the freestyle and the breast stroke. Like I said before, this swim meet was really crowded and had a ton of swimmers, so given that and the fact Jake wasn't feeling well, we didn't stick around for the backstroke or the butterfly.
Jake really improved his freestyle time from last week (29.89), and he did awesome for the first time doing the breast stroke (33.66). He kind of forgot mid-lap what stroke he was supposed to be doing, so he ended up doing a combo of breast-freestyle-butterfly, but he got the win anyways. He sure is a good little swimmer...I hate that he isn't loving it. :(
So I have to brag on my big boy a little bit more...the sports camp that he's been doing these weeks are run by Jake's elementary's PE teacher, Coach Bitton. Coach Bitton has gone on and on about Jake and how well he throws the football, catches the football, how fast he can run for his age. He even asked, "I mean, does your husband know how good he is? He could be a quarterback or a linebacker or whatever he wants!" Ha! Coach Bitton also said Jake is very focused and so intense for his age...he's even used Jake as an example to the older kids. :) Considering how much everyone ooh's and ahh's over Walker and his cuteness, I'm so glad to hear Jake getting some much deserved attention! I sure love my little athlete!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment