Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jake's Last Day of Pre-K!



It's Jake's last day of Pre-K today!!  Woo hoo!  This little boy is so excited about Kindergarten, he would probably prefer to skip summer break and start school tomorrow. :)

Let me tell y'all a little about Jake right now.  First, as y'all can tell by the pictures, he is really into sports right now.  He only wants to wear athletic clothes, and in just the last 2 weeks, he has gotten into tank tops because "that's what basketball players wear."  (The boys play basketball at recess at school).  Jake is signed up for a basketball/flag football camp this summer and he is thrilled!  He insists on going outside everyday and practicing for his camp; he even asked for a basketball goal for graduation.  I thought we were a few years away from all this, but apparently not.  It's ok, though, I'm glad to see him passionate about so many things.  He also still loves baseball and throwing the football, and our latest adventure is that Jake is doing swim team.  I don't know if he'll actually do the meets, but he will be practicing 3 times a week for the rest of the summer.  Karate is currently on hold while we do swim team...I don't think this mama could take much more on our plate. ;)

Jake is my big helper, for sure.  He loves to help me unload the dishwasher, carry in groceries, carry my bags, make the bed, holds the door for "ladies," gets his brother in and out of the carseat, etc.  I think he's going to be a huge help when the baby comes!

Jake LOVES his little brother.  Don't get me wrong, they love to aggravate each other, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are each other's best friend.  Jake gets out of school a few hours before Walker, and Jake is constantly begging me to go pick up Walker early.  :)  He definitely thinks his brother is the most hilarious person ever.

Jake is my healthy eater; in fact, he'll even ask before he eats something if it is "healthy."  (Not that he turns down unhealthy foods, but I think he likes being informed. ;)  His favorite foods by far are fruits- he'll eat at least 2 or 3 fruits at every meal with strawberries, watermelon, and apples being his favorites.  I'm definitely going to have a hard time keeping this boy fed!  As  you can tell by his size, he eats a lot!!

As far as his personality, Jake definitely still has some introverted tendencies.  He has really come out of his shell this year, though.  I would say he is still pretty sweet, quiet, considerate, and mellow, but at the same time, this child has a temper!!  Whew!  He is definitely going to be the kid that you don't want to make mad!  Ha!  Also, Jake is very observant.  For instance, right now, he is really into what people are wearing and name brands.  (Jake is obsessed with the target "champion brand" because several kids at his school wear this brand).  He notices things I would never even think about and he has a memory like an elephant!

I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton...it's kind of hard to sum up your kid in just a few paragraphs, but I thought it'd be neat to write this all down so I can look back on it.

No comments: