Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

And it's my birthday!!
Getting ready for bed!









Reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas"



Santa came!!



Ok, so you might notice there are no presents under the tree. I have a good reason for that- I've been so busy that I've wrapped presents right before we needed to open them. I'm usually not a procrastinator, but I just have not had any time to wrap presents and I dare not ask my husband to do it. :) So, yes, our tree has basically sat empty this year with no presents at all underneath it. Well, I actually wrapped our Christmas presents to each other last night and put them under the tree; when Jake woke up and walked through the living room, he came running back to our room shouting, "Mama!! There are presents under our tree!! Santa came!!" Hahaha! He was sooooooo excited, and there were only 4 measly presents there. Tyson and I were dieing laughing at the cuteness when the next thing I know, Jake comes running back to our room with an unwrapped present and said, "Look, Mama, Cars 2! It's just what I always wanted!" That little rascal had figured out which present was his (and they weren't even marked) and opened it!




Fast forward to this evening, we decided to let Walker go ahead and open his present from us since Jake had already opened his present. Walker had a blast opening the present and Jake was a huge help; once Walker got it open, though, I look over and see Jake lying on the floor pouting. I thought Jake was jealous of Walker's present, but actually when I asked Jake what was wrong, he said, "That's all I'm getting for Christmas??? Cars 2???" Ha! It was the most pitiful look I've ever seen on his face; he really thought that all he was getting after all this talk about Santa and lists was 1 DVD. Ha! Bless his heart. He is going to be shocked tomorrow morning!



I hope Santa is good to all of you, too! Merry Christmas! Stay tuned for the kids' reactions to what Santa brought!

No comments: