Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

Jake's first glance, mid-sprint.
Walker's first glance. He was a little confused at first.

Despite the huge power wheels in the back, all Jake could see at first was this train set. Oh how my boys love some trains!

Walker went straight for the Buzz lightyear power wheels.

Here comes the po po.



I love this picture! I think this is when they first noticed the work bench.


Jake kept saying, "Walker, you are under arrest!"

Umm, this would be right after Jake put the pedal to the metal...in my living room! Note to self: don't connect the battery until you are outside.


Poor little brother. It took Walker about 10 mins to realize Jake had stuck this bow on him.

Santa could have saved a lot of time (and money) and just given this kid a box.

I can't tell you how long we played "band"...all 4 of us. Fun times.




Christmas Day started early at the Summers' house; it was around 1:30 am when Jake came in our room and asked to get see what Santa had brought. Ha! Somehow, Tyson convinced Jake to go back to sleep and wait until morning, and somehow, Jake convinced Tyson to let him sleep with us. :) Jake did indeed go back to sleep, but he sure enough jumped straight out of bed at 6:30 in a dead sprint for the living room. I was able to subdue him until we could get Walker up and ready.

I had envisioned getting this perfect photo of the two boys' reactions at the same time, of course though, it didn't happen that way. Jake must have knocked Walker down in his sprint for the living room...I don't know, it all happened so fast I could barely get my camera ready. All I know is that I left the boys standing by their doors while we got the cameras ready, and next thing I know, Jake was standing next to me. I asked Jake, "what do you think?" He said, "good." Oh, my mellow child. He just stood there taking it all in, so I snapped a picture. Meanwhile, sweet Walker comes lollygagging out of his room just happy to see his Mama, Daddy, and Jake first thing in the morning. :) He did get into it more than I thought he would, though.



I'll tell you what surprised me, Tyson and I definitely made "sides" for the boys' stuff, but we didn't know how to go about differentiating the two sides. We had tried putting the stockings on the boys' respective sides, but neither of us liked the way it looked. Ha! Either way, when both boys came out, they went right to their sides and there was never any question of "whose is this?" And shockingly, they shared their stuff so well together...they played for a solid 3 hours with their stuff before I even heard the word "mine." It was a great Christmas day for sure!



I have more pictures from us outside trying out the new toys later on Christmas day, but I'll post those another time. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: