Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 4, 2011

18 Month Check-up and The Newest Madden!



Ashley and Colin


The Maddens (minus Ryan and Kaitlyn)


Wednesday was a big day for Walker and me. After dropping Jake off at school, we went to the hospital to meet Colin Madden. Colin was born Nov. 1st weighing in at 8 lbs. 4 oz and was 21.5 inches long. He is so sweet and looks a lot like his big sister, Kaitlyn. Ashley looks amazing and is doing very well, too.


Walker was so intrigued with the "baby" and kept wanting to see Colin and pat his head. I let him for the most part, until he snatched the pacifier out of Colin's mouth and put it into his own. Ha! Other than that, I was so proud of how sweet he was to Colin. And I thought he'd be more jealous of me holding Colin, but he was perfectly fine with it. I think this is a sign that he might be a good big brother one day. ;)




After we left the hospital, we stopped by Tyson's office for a minute and then headed to Walker's 18 month appointment. Everything checked out well, praise the Lord! He weighs 26 lbs 10 oz (50-60%) and is 35 inches tall (off the charts!). Dr. D said if Walker keeps growing at this pace he will be 6 ft 3! I'll believe it when I see it. ;)


(Just for comparison, here are Jake's 18 month stats: 27 lbs 15.5 oz and 33.5 inches tall).


Dr. D and I also discussed Walker's allergies. Ugh, Walker's allergies. We went to the allergist last week for yet another follow-up, and Walker just doesn't seem to be responding well to all the medicines, steroid creams, and diet. Long story short, the allergist seems to think Walker may have more food allergies, but they can't be detected by conventional skin/blood tests. We are going to try a lactose-free diet (in addition to no eggs and peanuts) for a few months and see if that works, and if not, we might end up with a trip to a GI specialist and have to have further testing (endoscopy) done. Poor baby. I am so ready to figure all this out. It just kills me knowing that he may be hurting or uncomfortable and not able to tell me. :(



Anyways, that is our Wednesday in a nut-shell. I wish Jake could have been there to meet Colin, but I didn't want him to miss school. Besides, he gave Colin a super sweet welcome once Colin got home from the hospital. Happy birthday, Colin!

No comments: