Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ellie, The Dog



A couple of months ago, I was out to eat with a few of my girlfriends from work, and I mentioned something about "my dog." Well, we don't have any dogs at our house, so they were a little confused. You see, I got my chihuahua, Ellie, my senior year in college about a month before I graduated. I spoiled her rotten. I even litter box trained her since I knew I would be moving into a 3rd story apartment with my sister in Atlanta after I graduated.


Ellie lived with my sister and me in that 3rd floor apartment for 2 years and then in the house that I bought for another 2 years. Well, then I started dating Tyson...and then we got engaged...and then he asked me to move to Statesboro where he was coaching. I kept my house in Atlanta for a while and continued to commute to work in Atlanta under this "distance program" my hospital offered (work 4 days off for 10), and I rented an apartment in Statesboro to live for my off days. Unfortunately, the apartment wouldn't let me have pets, so Ellie stayed in Atlanta with my sister and her dog, Sandy.


Ellie and Sandy were best friends; Amy and I had been dreading separating them, so it kind of worked out well for Ellie to stay with Amy. I hated leaving my baby, but I knew she was in good hands and happy where she was.


Fast forward 4 months...Tyson got hired at UAB, we got married, I moved out of the apartment, I sold my house in Atlanta, we moved to Birmingham and bought a house, and Tyson put his foot down about Ellie moving in with us. Turns out my hubby isn't an "inside dog" kind of guy. It broke my heart, but I chose my hubby over the dog and gave Ellie to my sis.


So that's the story of Ellie, the dog. I still call her "my dog," but in fact, she isn't my dog anymore. :(


When the boys and I went to my parents' house last week, Ellie was there. My boys were in Heaven! Walker even points to Ellie and says, "Eee." They chased that dog all over the house, and she was such a good sport. Most chihuahuas aren't very "kid-friendly" dogs, but Ellie was awesome with the boys. That's my dog! ;)


Ok, this might be the most boring and insignificant blog ever, but I wanted to show my girls "my dog" and to say thank-you to my sis and my mom for both taking such good care of Ellie.

No comments: