Remember me mentioning that the boys had been sick with some virus? Well, it wasn't a virus.
By the time Sunday rolled around, Walker had been running a fever for 4 days. He really didn't seem THAT sick to us, but as soon as we got to the pediatrician's office, the doctor immediately ordered a breathing treatment and some bloodwork. :( Bad nurse Mommy didn't even put a stethoscope to his chest or I would have realized that my poor baby's lungs were pretty junky. The doctor said he had bronchitis and pneumonia; we left with prescriptions for antibiotics, steroids, and albuterol.
Walker is no longer running a fever and he is looking better, but he's still sounding pretty junky and requiring breathing treatments about 4 times a day. And his been awfully clingy, but I'm completely ok with that.
When we went to the pediatrician on Sunday, I had him check Jake out since we were already there. Jake has had a nasty cough and congestion since last Tuesday, but the doctor thought he was ok. Well, today he started complaining of ear pain; actually, Jake woke up from his nap screaming and crying non-stop about his ear. I called the nurse at the pediatrician's office, and she told me to bring him in immediately. Long story short, the pediatrician said his ear drum was about to rupture...we came in just in time. It's just absolute craziness since he had just been seen on Sunday!
Anyways, I know this is pretty boring to most, but some valuable lessons can be learned from this. 1) if you own a stethoscope and know how to use it...use it! 2) ear infections can come on really quickly...our doctor said ears can change from one day to the next. Super scary! Oh, and 3) I have the most amazing husband/baby-daddy EVER! Tyson has been so supportive and awesome through this all. The boys and I are sooo lucky!



No comments:
Post a Comment