Pastor Lyndol let the boys pour the water into the bowl. They thought they were pretty cool after that.
It was actually pretty cool...Lyndol used water from the Jordan River to baptize Anderson.
We're laughing here because Lyndol said (something along these lines), "If Anderson looks familiar, you might have seen his birth announcement on ESPN right after he was born. Or it could be because you recognize him as baby Jesus." Anyways, he want on to say a few more things along those lines that we weren't expecting and it was quite funny.
Celebrating Anderson's baptism with our church friends and family with a little cake in The Commons.
Some little boys had too much cake.
Bahaha! I was trying to get a picture of the balloons and I caught this silly expression from my friend, Lisa (on the far left). :)
My parents and my boys
Tyson's mom and the boys
Team Summers
The whole crew
Today, our sweet little Anderson was baptized here at our church in Orlando. Like I said in the previous post, my parents and Mary Ann came to celebrate with us. I sure missed my grandparents being there, and I know my Granddaddy missed being there, too. :(
Anderson wore a cross that Mary Ann gave him and the christening gown now worn by all 3 Summers boys, my sister and I, my dad and his brother, and my dad's grandfather and maybe even more than that. I sure wish we had the exact history on that gown, but either way, it sure is special and I'm honored my boys have gotten to wear it. Jake and Walker thought it was hilarious that Anderson was wearing "a dress"...until I showed them pictures from their baptisms with them in that very same "dress." Hahaha! (Click here for Jake's baptism and click here for Walker's baptism).



2 comments:
the whole crew shot turned out great!!
bahahaha I laughed out loud at the baby Jesus comment…..all I could think was that teenage girl and hoping she wouldn't drop him…hahahaha
Glad it was a good weekend! Miss y'all and love y'all…
Post a Comment