Jarvis Jones throws out the first pitch.
Coach Walker (aka Mr. Greg) is the one in the Braves jacket, hat, and sunglasses turned facing us.
Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved the Braves. I remember staying up late trying to watch the games until the very end- that was back when Terry Pendleton (the big teddy bear) played. He was always my favorite. ;) When I moved to Atlanta after college, I went to Braves games every chance I got...until I got mugged leaving the parking lot. After that, I kind of had a bad taste for the Braves; I think a lot of that was me blaming the Braves organization for having such shady parking! Anyways, about a year ago (or was it two?), one of my best friend's dad got a coaching job with the Braves, so I quickly got over my grudge and started liking the Braves again.
Kaycee's dad, Mr. Greg, was always one of my favorites of the dads. He is always so sweet and very humble even though he played and coaches major league baseball. Well, when Kaycee told me that the Braves have spring training down here in Orlando and her dad would love to have us to a game, I jumped at the opportunity. Tyson, the boys, and I went to a game this past Sunday against the Detroit Tigers, and the Braves won 6-1. It was definitely such an amazing opportunity, and we all had the best time.
We were supposed to get to the game a little early to spend some time with Mr. Greg, but I didn't do my math right and we got to the stadium just as the Braves were finishing warming up and heading into the locker room. :( Mr. Greg, the sweet man that he is though, came out a little early before the National Anthem to see us and I got to spend some time talking with him. :) I didn't think to get a picture with him, so I snapped some (paparazzi style) from our seats. Hahahaha! I would've been so embarrassed if he would've seen me doing that. Anyways, the boys had a great time going to their first professional baseball game and can't wait to go back! I'm hoping we can work another game in before the Braves head back to Atlanta because I sure enough won't be visiting Turner Field ever again...unless I am flown in via helicopter and can avoid the parking lots altogether. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment