Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Baby #3 is...

A BOY!!!


Let me just begin by saying that I knew all along it was a boy; I've been looking at boys' names in the baby book and looking at baby boy bedding. However, as prepared in my mind as I was that it was probably another boy, nothing can describe the shock that I felt when the doctor told me it was definitely another boy! I don't know what came over me! Actually, I do. You see, Monday morning (the day of the ultrasound) started off with Jake breaking the toilet seat and Walker peeing all around the toilet like a dern fire hose! So when the doctor told me it was another boy, all I could think was "I've got at least 18 more years of this?" Hahaha!
 
I'll be honest, I know I'm gonna love having 3 little boys, but a part of me has always wanted a girl. Now, I'm not a girly-girl by any means, I just think it would be awesome to have both sexes and to be able to do "girl things." I think I am a really good boy mama, though, and I know God knows what He is doing. I guess I just thought that after having 2 boys, I'd just have a girl. Duh.
 
Walker is super excited that it's a little boy; Jake, on the other hand, said, "I've been praying for a girl...I'm so mad at God!" :( Poor kid! He's slowly coming around to the idea, though. They have both been super cute and love to sing to their brother and give him kisses. And those two (Jake and Walker) are truly the best of friends, and I know #3 will be, too.
 
 
So the question that I've already been asked at least 100 times- are we gonna try 1 more time for a girl? Whew! I don't know. I've always said I wanted 3, but Tyson really wants 4 regardless. My doctor is really pushing for me to have a tubal ligation after my c-section, though, so we'll see. Right now, I'm just gonna pray for a healthy baby and enjoy being a mama to my 2+1 boys. :)
 
 
Oh, and how could I forget about my hubby? Tyson is excited it's a boy! I think he would like to have a girl, but then again, his life just got a lot less stressful with it being a boy, if you know what I mean. ;) I do have to say, though, that the doctor did say it is early and it could change, but given how "well endowed" my son is, he doubts it could be a girl. Ha! The baby looked good otherwise- his heart rate was 156, he is measuring right on with my adjusted due date, and he was kicking up a storm.
 
I am set to see a perinatologist on April 15th for my big ultrasound, so prayers would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

Congrats!! How exciting to be a mommy of 3 boys! I will say...Hazel was a boy at 14 weeks too;) Thinking of you on the 15th!