Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Mizzou Game

 Asher, Walker, Creed, and Jake



 
 
I almost titled this post "Defeated" because that is how I felt today, but I didn't want people to think I was talking about our football team..even though we did lose 21-16 to Missouri.  (I'm still in denial that we lost because we were soooo close to winning that game).
 
Anyways, back to me feeling defeated.  You know, with Tyson's demanding job and our family being so far away, I have to do a lot by myself with the kids.  It can be pretty overwhelming at times, but I get over it and move on because I have no choice but to.  Well, as you can imagine, taking these boys to a football game by myself is no easy feat, but again, I have no choice sometimes.  I actually considered getting a babysitter for this game because I knew it was going to be difficult with the heat and the time of day (nap time) it was; however, I wanted to give the boys a chance to see their Daddy.  Poor things only get to see him at lunch on Tuesdays (which lasts for about 30 mins) and at bedtime on Thursday nights.  That's it.  So, I wanted them to have a chance to see him after the game, even if it was for just 15 minutes before he had to go start breaking down film for the East Carolina game.
 
Wow, long story short- we made it through tailgating in the 95 degree heat but the boys didn't even make it to the 2nd quarter before they were in full-on meltdown mode.  I bought them sno-cones, popcorn, and water, I took them to the bathroom 3 times, I busted out the DVD player and every toy in my bag, I took them down to the medic area under the bleachers where there are fans, I tried everything I knew to do but they were miserable...I was miserable.  For the first time in my life as a coach's wife, I left the game early.  I left the game before half time.  I was defeated.
 
So boo hiss for not being able to see Tyson after the game and boo hiss for losing the game. :(  Next up, the Knights take on East Carolina this Thursday at 8pm in Orlando.  It'll be on CBS Sports, so check it out.  Go Knights!!        

1 comment:

pcb said...

I was so excited for how the game was going; wish it had ended with a win.

Also, you're not defeated. You're just doing the best you can under the circumstances...and it seems like you're handling it pretty well.