Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yoga and Bicycles!

Jake takes Yoga at school, so he was showing me some of the different positions.  This one is "the candle."
 The Shark
 The Tree
 The Bird
The new bicycle!!
 
Last week, Jake played hooky from school one day so we could go to the doctor.  Poor baby woke up the night before screaming with ear pain, and sure enough, he had an ear infection.  He wasn't feeling bad (despite the pain), so we made the most of our day together after the doctor's visit.  We went to Dunkin Donuts, the Halloween Store (which Jake thought was awesome!), the bakery, and Toys R US where he got a new bicycle!!  I'm pretty sure Jake is going to be begging for more sick days after being spoiled that one day!
 
So about the bike, Jake has been learning how to ride a bicycle without training wheels.  He was actually given a hand-me-down bike from one of our friends in Birmingham, but Jake literally rode that bicycle until the wheels fell off.  I really had hoped that bike would last until Christmas until Santa could bring him a new bike, but no bueno.  Well, we couldn't wait until Christmas, so I talked my parents into funding the new bicycle (they can spoil him all they want...but I'm not.  Ha!)  Jake picked out this bike (power rangers, of course) and is so proud of it!!!  He could probably ride it by himself, but I just can't bring myself to let go.  Ha!  I told Tyson that the next time he's home during day light hours, he's in charge of the bike and he's gonna have to be the one to let go. ;) 
 
*In case y'all are wondering, that thing on the back of Jake's bike is called the "Balance Buddy."  I cannot say enough about this thing...it's the next step up from training wheels and helps the parent hold the bike without breaking your back.  I really like it, too, because there are times when I let go of the bike but see that Jake is about to fall, so I can easily grab the Balance Buddy and catch him before he falls.  I LOVE this thing!  (I love it SOOO MUCH that I can't let go of it! Hahahaha!)      

No comments: