Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Trip to Orlando!

After the boys got out of school on Friday, we loaded up and headed to my parents' house in Georgia. My mom hired a sitter from their church to watch the kids for the weekend while she and I went house hunting in Orlando. We had a lot on our agenda, but we got it all done and even found a house. Who knew that renting a house would be so tedious, though! I'm convinced it's a lot easier to buy a house than rent! Ha! Anyways, my mind is kind of boggled from the weekend, so I'm gonna hit the highlights in bullets so I don't have to form sentences. :)



  • Orlando is HOT! Here it is mid-January and people were walking around in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops! I definitely have some shopping to do before we move!

  • We are planning to move mid-February if all goes as planned.

  • We put our house on the market this week, so it is for sale/for rent/for lease...whichever gets it off our hands the fastest. Let me know if you're interested! ;)

  • Houses there are so different- almost 75% of the homes we looked at have pools. (The one we are looking at has a pool, and I'm super excited but super scared at the same time.) And the homes are right on top of each other! "Our home" has almost no yard at all. :( I'm highly disappointed about that, but there is a park down the street, though. Man, I hope we have good neighbors! Especially since we'll be right on top of them!

  • The people we saw in Orlando are definitely "different" than anywhere I've ever lived...even Atlanta. I'm all of a sudden the one with the "southern accent" again.

  • I miss Tyson terribly. He flew out for his interview January 12 and started work immediately. We've gotten to see him twice but for a short period of time both times. He's been busy recruiting all week and weekend long, so that stinks. :(

  • Tyson seems to really love his job so far and the people he's working with.

  • It costs exactly $8 in tolls from 75 South to our house. Just sayin.

  • Disney World is about an hour away from our house. And Sea World is even closer! I can't wait!

  • I've already found a good preschool close to our house and Jake will start as soon as we get there. Walker will start in the summer.

  • I work my last shift at Children's this weekend, and then I'm taking a little break from nursing to just enjoy being a mom/wife/personal assistant to my husband for a little while.

  • We will be almost 4 hours from Tifton (Tyson's mom and my sister) and 6-7 hours from Thomaston (my parents), but 3.5 hours from St. Simon's Island (my parents' beach house).

  • I think I've handled this all pretty well, but it still hasn't hit me yet that I'm actually leaving Birmingham in 3 weeks. I love it here. I know I'm gonna be super sad when I have to say goodbye to everyone. :( I've already gotten choked up thinking about how far away I'll be from my grandparents.

  • I am so excited, though, about our move and Tyson's new job. I can't wait to get to Orlando and meet the other coaches' wives and kids.

On our way back to Thomaston, we made a quick stop at Amy's and got to see this cutie pie:


I think she has mine and my dad's eyes.

And once we got back to Thomaston, we got a "police escort" to my parents' house. :) I'll spare you the details, but the nice police officer did let Jake sit in his car and turn on the lights and sirens. Jake thought he was hot stuff!




1 comment:

Jill Mc said...

i was eagerly anticipating the orlando update. i'm glad your trip was productive. i've already been looking at plane costs so we can come see you! :)