It was a beautiful (and WINDY!) day in Birmingham today for UAB's spring football game. The Maddens, our wonderful friends and neighbors, joined us at the game, and Ryan and Jake had so much fun together. Jake was excited to introduce Ryan to "Blaze," who Ryan kept calling "the dragon." Ha! Ryan felt right at home at the football game, so much so that as soon as the gates opened after the game, he took off amidst all these big football players to find "Mr. Tyson." It was hilarious to see such a little body next to all those really big guys...with Jake trailing right behind him, of course.
How did the game go, you ask? I have no idea!! I know the offense won, but I think I only looked up twice the whole game. I was either handing out goldfish, picking up thrown-down sippy cups, wiping dirty hands, chasing Jake, spanking Jake behind the bleachers for running away, holding/wrestling Walker, chasing Walker, looking for Jake who I've lost while chasing Walker, etc....you get my point. It was by far the hardest game I've done by myself with the two of them; I'm already dreading the season after today! ;) Luckily, though, the Maddens were a huge help and I made it home with both boys in one piece. Maybe I'll be able watch next year's game, right?
Thanks to the Maddens for coming and helping so much! And way to go, Tyson! We're always so proud of you!



No comments:
Post a Comment