Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day Out with Thomas

Mom, Walker, Jake, and Thomas the Train My loves
We rode in the air-conditioned cabin, but it was still so hot!! Can you tell?
Walker loved his first train ride!
Jake was in charge of the map, and he took his job very seriously.

Pre-allergic reaction. The eyes were starting to get red and swell here. :(
Jake vs. Sir Topham Hatt

We spent this past Sunday, Walker's actual birthday, on a day out with Thomas the Train. My mom came along for the adventure, and I'm so glad she was there. Walker ended up having an allergic reaction to the sunblock that I put all over him, so Tyson, Walker, and I ended up having to leave Mom and Jake at the Railroad Museum while we rushed off to find some Benadryl. We were probably gone for about 45 minutes, and Jake hadn't moved an inch from the train table he was playing with when we left. He was in Heaven! I'm pretty sure he didn't even know we were gone! I'm so glad mom was able to stay with Jake; we were concerned about Walker, but we didn't want to ruin Jake's fun, too. Walker ended up being ok; his face broke out in hives, his eyes swelled up, and his nose started running. Tyson said he looked like "Hitch." It was pretty scary; even the firemen at First Aid were freaked out! Poor baby. I felt like the worst mother ever!



Despite the allergic reaction, we all had fun...even Walker. Jake has sort of phased out his Thomas the Train obsession, but it was still so exciting for him to see the "real Thomas the Train." On the other hand, he wasn't quite as excited to meet Sir Topham Hatt. Jake did fine as we waited in line to see him, but the little boy in front of us freaked out, and it just snowballed from there. My mom scooped Jake up, though, so I could snap a picture and he clutched her neck so hard, I thought she was going to pass out. Ha!



What a memorable 1st birthday it will be! ;) Anybody have any good suggestions for hypoallergenic sunblock?

No comments: