First day of second grade for Jake!
This is his teacher, Mrs. Langford, who is filling in while his teacher is on maternity leave.
First day of Kindergarten for Walker!
Waiting on the bus!
Look at how excited Walker was!!
Do you see that sweet face?
Do you see that sweet hand?
Yes, I was the crazy mom who let her kids get on the bus and then met them at the school. Haha!
Walker and Mrs. Busselman
He was just as excited to get off the bus!
School is in session!! Woo hoo for this stay at home!!
Jake started school this past Monday, August 24th, so I'll start with him. First of all, Jake knew no one in his class, so he was extra nervous. Luckily, though, his teacher knew that we were new to town (and the state and the region), so she made sure to help Jake meet some friends. His desk is right next to another shy little boy who loves football- a match made in heaven! Jake has also made another new friend in his class thanks to mom and her mad skills- as I was dropping him off on the second day, I noticed the little boy was wearing a Denver Broncos shirt. Well, I went up to him and said, "do you like the Broncos? Jake's dad met Peyton Manning a few weeks ago!" The little boys eyes were HUGE after that, and all of a sudden, Jake had a new friend. Whatever it takes to get my introverted child some friends! ;) Oh and another funny story from Jake's second day- Jake came home so excited to tell me that he had made quite the impression on his class. The teacher let them play the "obnoxious noise game" and Jake showed the class that he could make tooting noises with his armpits AND his legs. Bam! Coolest kid ever! Hahaha! He also made a few new friends after that. ;)
Walker started school this past Wednesday, August 26th. In this school district, they stagger the kindergarten start days so as to give more 1 on 1 attention to the Kindergartners. It was KILLING Walker that Jake got to start school 2 more days before he did. Ha! By the time Wednesday rolled around, Walker could barely stand it and was so excited to start school. He has a little boy in his class, Ethan, that he had made friends with at the gym over the summer, so he was pumped about being with him. Ethan even sat with Walker at the peanut-free table just to keep Walker company. I think the long days have been hard for Walker, but other than that, he seems to really like Kindergarten.
Can I just say how happy I am that Jake and Walker are in school together? Other than the obvious that they are now on the same schedule and in the same place, but it has really helped them having each other there...at their new school. They sit on the bus together, they hang out together before school on the playground, and they play together at recess. I have told them that they eventually need to make new friends and branch out a little, but I'm glad they can depend on each other and have that familiarity for now.



1 comment:
Sounds like things are off to a good start. It's good they have each other for a familiar face. Going to a new school alone can be scary (I went to nine different schools due to moves).
I know you're enjoying one-on-one with Anderson, too.
Post a Comment