This wraps up the last of our South Dakota trip. For our last adventure, we visited Black Hills Cavern and got to go through this cave. I can't remember all the history on it, but it dates back to the 1800s. Unfortunately, there was no gold "in them thar hills." It was still a pretty cool experience, though.
"This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back." -Mouth from "The Goonies" Hahaha. Tyson and I were reciting this and the boys looked at us like we were crazy.
Mining for gold...except Mama and Daddy only bought the gem stones and fossils package. Ha! Jake said that if he found gold, he would buy an RV with it. (I've been telling the boys how I want to have an RV one day and tour the country in it). Hahaha!
All three (or four) of my boys loved the mining, and it turned out to be pretty educational. They learned the names of several of the gems and where they originated from.



No comments:
Post a Comment