Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2015

We Made It!

I'm blogging from my phone, and for some reason, I can't download any pictures. As soon as my internet gets up and running, which will be next Thursday at the latest, I'll try to post some pics then.  Here is a little about what's been going on the last few days:

  • Leaving Orlando was really, really hard. Our friends threw us a surprise send-off party the morning of our flight, though, so that was pretty cool. I have a ton of pictures from that that I'll have to post.
  • The flight was a nightmare. First of all, "someone" forgot to pack the stroller and left it behind at the old house, so we struggled with Anderson in the airports. And as it turns out, Anderson hates flying...or maybe he just hates being made to sit still for 4 hours. He'd much rather run up and down the aisle of the airplane or throw a temper tantrum in the seat. Yep, Anderson was "that kid" on the plane.
  • The weather here in Colorado had been amazing!!!! It's been in the 50's when we wake up (but it isn't as cold as it sounds) and it gets to the mid 80's during the day. I'm loving the no humidity!! People have been complaining about the rain here lately, but it just reminds me of Florida's afternoon rainstorms that we got during the summer.
  • Ok, here is where the real complaining starts- the movers packed and loaded us last Friday (May 30th) and shipped my car out the same day. We've been living with no furniture, TVs, toys, beds, etc since then And I'm so over it. The movers aren't supposed to get here until next week- like June 8th or 9th. Do y'all realize how long that is to live with no stuff? I'm about to lose my mind!
  • I've been having to drive Tyson's 4 door truck since I'm car-less, and y'all, I can't drive a big truck like that for nothing! I can't tell y'all how many curbs I've taken out. Hahaha! And let me tell y'all how fun it is to load up the family and take Tyson to work at the crack of dawn!
  • Speaking of the crack of dawn, the sun comes up here at 6 am and doesn't go down til 9 pm, and it is soooooo bright here.
  • The time change has been pretty difficult for us to adjust to. We are on Mountain time here, so that puts us 2 hours behind Eastern time. We've been trying to keep the boys up later, but it never fails, they are still up at 7 am eastern time. At least I haven't had to wake them up to take Tyson to work. :/
  • Our new house is amazing! I can't wait to show y'all some pics! I looked at this house when I came out in February, but I kind of let Tyson handle the house stuff. He has done a great job...I never imagined I would live in a house this nice.
  • The first two days we were here, Jake and Walker got to go to CSU's football camp. They both had a great time, learned a lot, and met new friends. Jake managed to get in a fight with an older kid, but all the coaches said the other kid had it coming.
  • I took the boys to see their new elementary school and it's pretty awesome! Both boys seemed excited about it.
  • I was planning on going to the pool all this week while we waited for the movers to get here, but who knew you had to go through background checks to get a pool key. Dang! Anyways, I passed and now have a key, so we're going to hit the pool ASAP. Did I mention that the pool is heated? 
  • We still haven't made any friends outside of the coaches' families. Our house is a new construction and we don't have any neighbors yet. I'm hoping we'll meet some people at the pool and get this party started. I'm pretty sure the boys are tired of playing with their mama and each other.
  • The views never get old! I take a picture of the mountains at least daily with my phone! So beautiful!
  • ok, that's all I have for now. I'll post more when I'm able!

2 comments:

pcb said...

Despite all of the bumps, it sounds like you're adjusting and keeping your sense of humor. Being a coach's wife is not for the faint of heart!

Jill Mc said...

Thanks for my update. Can't wait to hear more and see pics. Love ya!