Rosemary Barrs Peacock
June 19, 1931- Sept. 30, 2014
Most of the great-grands- Chase, Jake, Carson, Walker, Ryleigh Kate, Spenser, and Connor
The grandkids (Christy, Chris, Trey, me, and Amy) with my Granddaddy in the middle. This was after the funeral, so we were looking a lot rough
Back in Thomaston after the funeral...
...pumpkin carving with Perrin.
Last Friday, October 3, 2014, we buried my sweet grandmother. She lived a long, happy life for the past 81 years or so, but these past 2 years, she had really struggled with Parkinson's dementia. I was able to tell her goodbye via phone before she passed, and for the first time in two years, she spoke and said "I love you." It was exactly what I needed to hear; I'll never forget that moment.
The boys and I stayed in Thomaston with my parents for the funeral, and we really enjoyed our time there. We watched a lot of football, carved pumpkins, and just enjoyed being together. :)




1 comment:
Isn't it wonderful how some of the saddest times also give us some of the sweetest?
Post a Comment