The little brothers- Walker, Ben, Dalton, and Grant
My goalie
End of the season party- Ryan, Daniel, Jake, and Michael
Coach Rich handing Jake his trophy.
Walker's end of the season party.
Coach Jamie and Walker
First of all, I was wrong the other day- Walker ended up having his last game last night. We had a last minute make-up to our make-up game. Hahaha.
Jake also had his last game last night. I didn't get too much on video since he plays goalie mostly, and the other team never even got close to the goal.
I'll tell y'all what, I'm so glad soccer is over. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to shuffle two kids to and from soccer with a baby in tow and juggle two games (often at the same time) on Saturdays (and some weekday games) in addition to our football games. And to make matters worse, we found out (the hard way) that Jake is just a lot more competitive and aggressive than the other kids that play YMCA socccer; he got yellow carded almost every game and even got a red card one game. :( Towards the end of the season, we realized the best place for Jake was goalie and he rocked it. I wish I could've gotten more of his blocks and catches on video- I think he only got scored on once the whole season. Jake is definitely defensive-minded when it comes to soccer. I'm so proud of him. Even with all that foolishness with the yellow and red cards, Jake kept his head up, never quit, and kept playing hard.



No comments:
Post a Comment