Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Walker's First Goal!
This past Saturday, Jake had a baseball game across town at the same time that Walker had a soccer game close to home. Tyson has only been to one of Walker's soccer games but has gone to a handful of Jake's baseball games, so we decided that Tyson would go with Walker and I would go with Jake. Well, low and behold, what should happen at the very first soccer game that I miss? Walker scored his first goal!! I can't believe I missed it!! Here is the phone call that I got from Tyson:
Tyson: Walker scored his first goal!
Beth: Really???!!!!
Tyson: Yes...in the other team's goal.
Beth: Hahaha!
Yep, apparently they were really close to the other's team's goal and Walker kicked the ball really hard and it ended up going straight in to the goal. One of the other moms told me that Walker started jumping up and down and was so excited...he obviously didn't realize (or maybe he didn't care?) that he had just kicked it into the wrong goal. Ha! Poor kid. I told Tyson not to tell him that it was the wrong goal, but somehow, he figured it out. He was still excited he had finally made a goal, though. ;)
So once Tyson and Walker got to the baseball game, Tyson told me a little bit about the rest of the game. Here is that conversation:
Tyson: Walker's team ended up winning 12-1.
Beth: Oh good!
Tyson: Yeah, Walker was the leading scorer for the other team.
Ha! Sweet, sweet Walker! We are so proud of you!!! You'll get the ball in your team's goal soon enough. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment