Thursday, May 9, 2013
Swim Lessons!
It's that time of year again...SWIM LESSONS!! My littlest fish, Walker, saw Coach Ann a few weeks ago and begged me to put him in swim lessons. I've never heard of a kid asking for swim lessons; I guess she didn't torture him enough last year. ;)
Anyways, Walker started last week and is doing great. He could already swim by himself short distances, but considering how much we're in and around water here, he really needs to be able to swim longer distances and to know how to come up and take a breath and swim again. So that's what we're working on. Coach Ann says he should be swimming the length of the shallow end by the end of the lessons, so we'll see. It'd be a huge relief for me if he does...that child is fearless!
Jake is also going to start lessons next week with a group of his friends to help improve his strokes. Coach Ann is grooming Jake for swim team, despite the fact that he has already told her numerous times that "I don't want to do swim team...I already know everything there is about swimming." Hahaha! We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment