Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Putt-Putt and Gators















This weekend, the four of us went to a local putt-putt place that I've been eye-balling for a while.  It was our first time going with the kids, and we had already decided ahead of time that Jake would be on my team and Walker would be on Tyson's team.  Tyson was talking all kinds of smack about how he was going to win and was trying to rub it in our sore loser's (aka Jake) face.  Ha!  Well, we should have known it wasn't going to go quite as planned.

As soon as we got there, it was chaos from the get-go.  Walker was running all over the place, throwing his ball into the water, dipping his golf club into the stream, and doing everything but playing putt putt.  Jake, on the other hand, was so serious about playing putt putt; however, he only wanted to stand right next to the hole and putt the ball in over and over again.  Between chasing Walker and trying to dodge Jake, there wasn't much putt putt to be played by me and Tyson.  Ha!  We ended up cutting it short on hole #15 and going to feed the gators.

Let me just tell you this- I know I live in Florida now and I expected to see some alligators when I moved here, but I had no clue I'd be seeing as many gators as I have!  We live in a golf-course community and there are tons of little ponds all around the golf course, and there are alligators EVERYWHERE in those ponds!  I can't even begin to explain to you how close these gators are to our house...it's definitely too close for comfort!  As scared as I am of the alligators, though, I've always wanted to feed them; well, I got my chance at the putt putt place.  They had a small little screened-in area with all these baby alligators that you could feed with a fishing pole...it was awesome!  You basically put some hot-dog on the end of the clamp, dangle the meat of the gator's head, and SNAP!  The gators would bite the food right off the pole!  There weren't any hooks on the poles so you couldn't catch the gators, but it would have been awesome if you could!  We basically had a few seconds of playing tug of war with the gators before the food released, and it was the most thrilling few seconds ever!

We all loved feeding the gators and can't wait to go back to do that again, but as far as the putt putt goes, Tyson and I both agreed it would be at least 8 more years until we tried that again.  Ha!

No comments: