Days like this past Tuesday make me realize how much I love being able to stay home with the boys. We woke up, went to the park, went to Tyson's office for lunch, napped, worked on Jake's schoolwork, and then played outside until it was time to eat supper. Don't get me wrong, that's usually a typical day for us anyways, but for some reason, I just randomly thought "how lucky am I to be able to spend this time with my boys?"
I think what confirmed this feeling was working with Jake on his schoolwork. You see, he came home from school Monday with some papers where he is learning to trace/write the lowercase letter "a." Well, on his sheet that he had used in class Monday, he literally scratched through all the "a's" and had not attempted to write an "a" at all. I don't know why that bugged me so badly (perfectionist perhaps?), so we sat down yesterday and started working on writing the letter "a." Sure enough, he did it; he wrote the letter "a" over and over again. It was an amazing feeling to be able to teach him to write that. Again, this is not atypical for us; we constantly work with the boys to reinforce what they are learning at school and what-not, but again, I just had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for being able to be home with the boys to work with and teach them.
Ok, so I'm sorry if this is a little sappy, but I just don't get the opportunity enough to thank my hubby for letting me stay home with the boys...well, other than that 1 shift a week. ;) And I also get down on myself a lot about staying at home...it is HARD WORK! Times like this, though, confirm the fact that this is exactly where I need to be. Now if we could just win the lottery so I could stay home and continue to work just 1 shift a week for the rest of my life. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment