Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Goodbyes

Our last get together before the Bowers move. :(

It was still a fun day at the pool, though.










All my life, I've been the person that moved. I moved from Fitzgerald to Tifton at 8, to Thomaston at 16, to Athens at 18, to Atlanta at 22, to Statesboro at 26, and to Birmingham at 27. I've never had good friends move away from me (other than after college). Well, by the end of June, we will have had 4 sets of our best friends move away in a matter of 2 months. :(

At the beginning of April, our friends, the Friends, moved to Athens; Will is now the offensive line coach at Georgia. We are so excited for the Friends to make it to the SEC, but we definitely miss them. Will was one of Tyson's best friends on UAB's staff, and Carrie and the girls were like family to me and the boys. Carrie is one of the sweetest people ever; I'll never forget right after I came home from the hospital from my D&C in Feb. 09, Carrie was the first person to my house with a big ole thing of food in hand. She is just so thoughtful like that. I'm really going to miss them this football season.

At the end of May, my friend Mollie and her family moved back home to Elizabethtown, Kentucky; her husband, Brent, is now the offensive coordinator at their hometown high school. Mollie lives a life very parallel to mine- stay at home mama by week, nurse by weekend, and football widow. She is the only person understands my crazy life...cause she lives it, too. Work is already lonesome without her, and the zoo will never be the same without her and the triplets.

And in 2 weeks, we will say goodbye to the Bowers. Worth and Ashley have been here for 4 years as Worth completed his residency at UAB. Worth got an awesome job in Valdosta, Georgia as an anesthesiologist. We are so proud of Worth and super excited for them. We don't get to see the Bowers as much as we would like, but it's just reassuring to know that they are so close by. We've spent many a holiday with them, and I'm pretty sure Jake thinks of Ellie as family.

And lastly, we will also say goodbye to the Turners in 2 weeks. Ryan has completed his residency in ophthalmology, and they are moving to Oklahoma where Ryan will do a 1 year fellowship before moving on to Mobile, Alabama to finally begin his career. Since Ryan and Ginger live 2 doors down from them, we see them almost every day. Our boys have grown up together and are best friends and we've spent almost every holiday together; since neither of us have families here, we really depend on each other for almost everything. I can't imagine what day-to-day life will be like without the Turners.



I really hate saying goodbye; I much prefer "see you later." And with these 4 sets of friends, I know I will see them all later. In the meantime, though, we love you all and will miss each of you so much!

No comments: