Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day


Jake ate about a gallon of ice by the time it was all said and done!

I think he might have eaten some yellow ice here!

Redneck and proud!

Playing in the ice!

Poor Walker was dieing to come out and play!

"Let me out or I'll lick your window!"

The Maddens came out to play!

Ryan and Jake...besties.




Tyson decided to try out the cookie sheet.

bwahahaha!

Jake's turn!


Jake wasn't a fan.

But Ryan loved it!!

Mama's turn!

Ashley ate it first...

And then I did. I don't know when I'm gonna realize I'm too old for this stuff!

What a crazy last 24 hours it has been! I was supposed to go to work at the hospital last night for 1 of the 3 whole shifts I was scheduled to work this month, and the boys were scheduled to stay at school all day so I could sleep. Well, their school sent an email Sunday saying they were closing Monday for inclement weather, so that's when the stress began. What to do with the kids? To make matters worse, when the weather gets this icy, hospitals will implement this rule where nurses have to stay at the hospital until the weather clears up. This happened when I worked in Atlanta, too, and I was stuck at the hospital's hotel for days...but that was back in my single days when I didn't mind much. Now that I have kids, staying at the hospital for days on end when you have a husband with a demanding job, it's just not cool. Long story short, after lots of praying, I ended up getting called off work and all of our problems were solved! And guess what? The weather was so bad that Tyson got "snowed in" at home! It ended up working out perfectly!


Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of snow, but we did get to play in the ice. We made some redneck sleds (tupperware container lids) and slid around the backyard a good bit. Well, Mike Madden decided to step it up a notch and he pulled a little National Lampoon's and busted out some metal cookie sheets. We had a blast sliding down the driveway on the cookie sheets...I'm sure we were quite the site! :) So much fun! I love snow days...especially when I don't have to work! ;)

No comments: