Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

9 Months Old!




Tomorrow, my sweet Walker will be 9 months old! For some reason, 9 months has always been a big deal to me....maybe it's because babies don't seem like such babies at 9 months- they are beginning to eat real food, getting more mobile, communicating more, and developing their little personalities. I just love this age! And Walker is definitely doing these things!

I have already begun giving Walker table food; he's eaten bread, carrots, peas, chicken, and fries. Hahaha! My how things have changed having a 2nd child! ;) He still takes about 6 oz of formula every 3-4 hours during the day and eats one jar of baby food 3 times a day. Walker LOVES to eat! I probably could feed him more, but he has an insatiable appetite!

Walker is speed crawling still and pulling up on everything! He has cruised a little, but not much. Tyson and I have decided Walker might be a little on the lazy side. :) He does this little knee-stand thing that is almost as efficient as standing (in his opinion), so he does that a lot.

Walker hasn't said any new words since I last reported (I think)...he says "da da," "ma ma," "ni ni" (which serves as "no no" and "night night"), "hey," and he has even said "jake jake" (or something like it) a few times. Walker is constantly babbling something, though, even if they aren't understandable words. :)

Walker's personality is definitely blossoming. The word I've heard a lot this week (from perfect strangers) is FLIRT! Walker loves to smile and make sweet faces, especially at women. ;) He is still very sweet, easy-going, and laid back, but I've also discovered that he is very mischievous. We've started saying "no no" to him these last few weeks, and believe it or not, that little rascal will start to do something that is a "no no," and then he'll turn, give me this little look, and then do it any way! This one is gonna be trouble...I'm telling you! He better be glad he's soooo cute! ;)

As far as physical features, Walker is definitely a mini-me. He looks just like my baby pictures. He has my eyes, my smile, possibly my nose (poor child), my hands, my feet, and my body. He and Jake have the same mouth, which I think is Tyson's but could be mine, too. Walker definitely has Tyson's chin, though. ;) His eyes appear to be blue in pictures, but they look more hazel in person. His hair is blond/light brown and appears to be starting to curl a little in the back. He is absolutely a doll...and I'm not just saying that because he looks so much like me. ;)

Walker is such a joy and fits into our family perfectly. Jake loves him to pieces, and I'm pretty sure Walker feels the same way. We are so blessed to have these two boys. I'll be honest, the first few months were hard having two young children so close in age, but seeing how precious these boys are together now makes it totally worth it. We are so blessed!


And for comparison:

Walker at 9 months

Jake at 9 months

No comments: