Anderson has almost finished his ISR refresher. As usual, he's much more interested in swimming than floating, so it has taken a little longer to finish than I would have liked. Apparently, Anderson has the lung capacity to swim the length of the pool at 2 without coming up for a breath. Haha!
I'm trying to play catch up since Memorial Day, but I haven't really taken a lot of pictures. These next two pictures are from when the GSU Wildlife Center came to the library. Jake was so sweet to help Anderson pet the snake. Walker was off talking to his friend that is a girl, and missed petting the snake. Hahaha.
A big reason for the blog hiatus over the last few weeks is that my Granddaddy (my mom's daddy) got really sick really fast, and the grandkids all took turns caring for him. He ended up passing away last Monday June 13, 2016 at the age of 89. Click here for his obituary. He started having back pain over 6 weeks ago that progressively got worse; he ended up being diagnosed with an aggressive form of lung, head, or neck cancer that had metastasized to his spine and bones. I was fortunate enough to be able to take care of him at home before being admitted to the hospital, to be with him twice at the hospital before being sent to hospice, and to be able to say goodbye to him at hospice the day before he took his last breath. None of us knew it would happen so quickly. We still thought we had time to get him home. :( I was able to tell him that I loved him and he told me the same; 12 hours later he slipped into unconsciousness. I'm going to miss him so much. Life will never be the same without him. :( This picture above is of Walker and Jake at the funeral.
Since Granddaddy's last name is Peacock, my sister, cousin, and I thought Granddaddy would love these peacock shirts that we wore to his visitation. He loved all things Peacock.
While all of this has been going on, Tyson has been super busy with satellite camps. Luckily, he was able to break away for a few so that he could be with us during this difficult time with my Granddaddy. He is pictured here with Kirby Smart and Mike Bobo during a camp that Georgia Southern hosted at Buford High School.



No comments:
Post a Comment