The Beast!
The beast's little brother.
I've been really bad about taking pics of the older two boys' spring sports. Instead, I've really enjoyed just watching and cheering them on. Also, Walker's team doesn't have a coach, and with my newly diagnosed heart problem (more on that later) and the fact that I have two other kids I have to keep my eyes on, I couldn't do it. I just coach/cheer from the sidelines.
Have I mentioned that Walker is a BEAST on the soccer field? He averages about 8 goals a game, and last week, he scored 12 goals in one game!! I'm really frustrated for him, though. As I mentioned above, he doesn't have a coach, so our practices are lead by whatever volunteer college kid rec "coach" is around and the games are coached by the other team's coach. Not only that, but we
started the season with 6 kids- 1 kid never showed and usually only two others besides Walker make it to the game regularly . Poor Walker. It usually ends up being a 1 man show out there, which sounds great but is so frustrating to him. And in this particular game, Walker's right hand man didn't show, so he had to take on this team by himself status post strep!! Grr. Walker did great and scored 5 goals but the other team had 8. :( This is the only game we've lost all season that I remember, so it isn't all that bad afterall. Anyways, just needed to rant. I'm so proud of Walker, and I'm so proud of the little soccer player he has become!!



No comments:
Post a Comment