Jake and Walker with my Granddaddy
The boys with my MaMa
Playing with MaMa's walker
COUSINS!! Ryleigh Kate, Chase, Jake, and Walker
While we were in St. Simons, Tyson had to drive back to Orlando for a day for office duty, so the boys and I drove over to Cochran to see my grandparents. I've mentioned it on here before about my grandmother's health, but I said that she had Alzheimer's. We learned a few months ago that she actually has Parkinson's dementia, and after having a grandmother with both, I don't know which one is worse. She knows who we are and understands what we're saying, but she doesn't talk anymore and has no way to communicate with us. It's so sad. I can't imagine how she feels. For instance, I was talking to my granddaddy and my cousin about one of her recipes and how I can't find it, and she got up (with assistance), said "re re re," went to the kitchen, and pulled out the recipe book with the recipe in it. Turns out she was trying to tell us "recipe." It just breaks my heart to see her going downhill so quickly (she is falling constantly and just can't do anything for herself anymore) and for her to be trapped inside her body unable to communicate. And it breaks my heart for my granddaddy to see him struggling to take care of her and knowing he has some tough decisions ahead. Anyways, it was a sad trip but I'm glad we went. At times like this, I sure wish we lived closer. :(



No comments:
Post a Comment