Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Third Time is a Charm!

 
 Introducing...
Baby Summers #3!
 
On January 4th, coincidentally Jake's 5th birthday, I woke up feeling pretty crummy (and had been for a few days) so I took a pregnancy test and the faintest of faint lines appeared!  I was in shock!  Tyson and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months but we just weren't having any luck.  Starting in November, we had actually decided to "take a break" to avoid having a football season baby, and VOILA...here is baby #3 due September 14, right smack dab at the start of football season. :)  I call it our "bowl bonus" and our little "Christmas miracle." ;)  Isn't that the way it works- you try and try and nothing happens, but you take a break and then it happens.  Ha!
 
So back to finding out I was pregnant- Tyson was actually out of town recruiting that weekend, so I really wanted to wait to tell him in person that we were pregnant.  However, that faint line was really stressing me out.  I knew I would've been super early (day 21), but I couldn't tell if I was just seeing things and making up that line really being there.  Long story short, Tyson could tell something was wrong with me, and I finally caved around 10 pm that night and said, "I think I'm pregnant!"  He was in complete shock, too, needless to say.  I took another test the next day and the line was darker; I also took a digital test that day and it read "pregnant." :)
 
My doctor here won't see you until you are 8-10 weeks along, so my first appointment wasn't until Feb. 11.  I can't tell you how stressful that wait was; before, I've gotten to see all my babies by week 6.  Ugh!  But sure enough, Feb. 11 rolled around and we got to see that sweet heartbeat just a pounding away.  My due date based on my cycle should've been Sept. 21, but the baby was measuring a week ahead, so the doctor moved the due date up a week to Sept. 14.  I'm really not a big fan of them changing the due date based on the size of the baby because 1) I am 100% positive on my dates, 2) I have big babies and both boys always measured way ahead (at least a week or 2 by this point), and 3) just because the baby is big and measuring ahead doesn't mean the rest of it (ie lung maturity) will match that date.  Then again, I've delivered both boys at 38 weeks and haven't had any problems, so I guess one week won't hurt. :/ As of right now, the doctor thinks I will have my c-section Sept. 9 or 10.  If Coach O'Leary has his hand in it, he will pick the date and the time. ;)  Ha!
 
My doctor here is a lot different from my doctor in Birmingham; his practice is small (he's the only doc) and he isn't as aggressive as I would normally like.  We'll see, though. 
 
The first few weeks were pretty rough and filled with lots of "vomitus", but it subsided by week 6 or so.  I know that's totally backwards, isn't it?  By the way, "vomitus" is my new word for the feeling of vomit coming up the back of your throat but never coming out.  And no, it is not the same as nausea.  I would mainly feel vomitus when I would pump gas, after I ate, and whenever I went down the frozen vegetable aisle at the grocery store.  Weird, huh?  Like I said, I've been feeling absolutely fine now though.  I am extremely exhausted, probably more so than I can ever remember being with the other two.  It got to the point one day where I fell asleep sitting in my car at 9 am one morning waiting for our neighborhood's gate to open!  It's ridiculous!  What else?  I feel like my face looks terrible and my hair is extra dry and my belly hasn't gotten HUGE FAST!!  I hear that's what happens with the third, and I'm here to tell you it is true!!
 
So I know the question everyone is dieing to know is- are we going to find out the sex?  I don't know.  I really don't want to, but Tyson and I are extremely impatient people and I don't think we can wait.  We'll see. ;)  I know I'm bad about guessing what my babies are, but I'm pretty sure this will be another boy.  I really don't care what the sex is, honestly.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a girl, but I think having 3 boys would be pretty awesome.  Like I said, we'll see. ;) 
 
We would appreciate any prayers for this baby that you can send this way.  I'll keep y'all posted!  Thanks!!  Oh, and this was my new "hobby" I was talking about in a few posts back.  My new hobby is sleeping...all the time...whenever I can...even waiting for the gate to open. ;)


No comments: