Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jake's New Trick

"Wanna see my new trick?"
"This is what Daddy taught me that the defensive lineman do at goal line. You stand like this and then you cut the offensive lineman's knees."
"Did you see me do it, Mommy?"
"How's it look from this angle?"
"What do you think? Do I look like a defensive lineman?"
"If football doesn't work out, at least I still have my modeling career."

Jake showed us his new trick last week- he gets on his hands and knees like he is going to crawl, but then he locks out his legs and stands straight up (of course still leaning on his hands the whole time). It is so funny to watch because as soon as he gets up into standing position, he takes a huge propelling leap and lands flat on his stomach. I swear the noise is so horrifying that I cringe everytime; it sounds like it knocks the breath out of him!! He just goes about his business playing, though, and never even wimpers! He is such a tough little boy!! I can't figure out why he does this except that it gets him a lot further than his catepillar crawl. He looks like a little Monkey going after a banana or something. Tyson swears that Jake is just going to stand all the way up one day and just surprise us and walk. Like I said, I think he's just being a little monkey!!

No comments: