Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dad's Christmas Tree

 
 Right before Thanksgiving, the boys and I went and stayed with Dad.  Georgia Southern played at Georgia State, so we just made a weekend of it. While we were there, Dad asked me to help him with the Christmas tree, which was something my mom always handled.  She was oh so particular about her ornaments- ornaments were just her thing.  We only hung about 1/3rd of them; I just couldn't stop sobbing with every memory that the ornament held. :(  Jake was super cute, though.  He said, "If PaPa hung an ornament on every branch, then we're going to hang an ornament on every branch."
 This was my 2nd time being at home since my mom passed, so I decided to look around her room a little more.  I had asked my mom when she was first diagnosed with esophageal cancer to write everyone letters, so I've been on a mission to find those. I'm not sure that she even followed through with my request, but I remain hopeful that I'll find something she left for me.  Meanwhile, I have found several things she had hidden in a drawer like this, a "bucket list."
 I wish she would've kept going.  This was about 4 years before she was diagnosed.
 I did find a bunch of cards that she left for my Dad for the next few holidays.
I also found this voice recorded book she left for my sister's kids.  God I miss her.

No comments: