Friday, November 20, 2015
The Injury Report
Yep, this happened. Specifically, this happened to Jake with about 2 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter of the CSU game this past Saturday. We had gone into the Ram Room (the recruiting room) for the 4th quarter to escape the cold, and Jake decided to play football in the small room with the other coaches' kids while I packed up to leave. The helicopter mom that I am saw it happening and was turning around to get on to Jake when BAM! He ran full speed into the edge of the bar. Jake immediately started yelling and was gushing blood like crazy. I had Anderson's little hat in my hand, so I immediately placed on Jake's head and put pressure on the wound, but I knew just looking at it that it would need stitches. I asked the other coaches' wives to go get the team doc, and I guess one of the stadium workers ran and got the medics, too. Before I knew it, the room was packed with EMTs, doctors, policemen, and coaches' wives. Hahaha! I was like, "y'all, he just needs stitches...he'll be fine!" I guess the amount of blood had everyone freaked out. Anyways, the EMTs wanted to take him by ambulance to the ER to be evaluated, but the team doc agreed to stitch Jake up there at the stadium. The EMTs wrapped Jake's head up like a mummy and rolled him by gurney to the edge of the stairs, and I carried him (through the crowd) down to the locker room where they ended up putting about 7 stitches in his forehead and glue under his eye. One of Jake's favorite players, Trent Matthews, stayed in there with Tyson to help calm Jake down while they stitched him up; I think Jake thought that was pretty cool. Hahaha! All is fine now, but it sure made for a very dramatic Saturday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Such a boy moment! Thank goodness you had a doc right there. :) Glad he's ok.
Post a Comment