Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2014

Trip to Thomaston to See Mom

 The Grands!  Jake (6), Anderson (10 mos), Jace (5), Walker (4), and Gracie (2)
 Anderson playing with mom's oxygen tubing...cause that's safe, right?
 Walker with my mom
 Walker with Santa, who stays up year round in the basement just to scare you as you walk down to do laundry late at night in the pitch black.
 My Granddaddy with my Anderson
 My kids were obsessed with the slide.

My mom's parents :) And yes, I look disgusting.  I'm pretty sure I cried about 75% of that day.
Chillaxin in the shade.

We just got back from a trip to Thomaston, Ga to see my mom.  Sadly, it was the first time I've been to Thomaston since January of 2012 and even longer since Tyson has been there.  It was a very long drive, but we made it and I'm so glad we went.  Mom was feeling pretty puny and slept a good bit, but I cherish every minute we get with her.

We also got to see my grandparents while we were there.  My grandmother is really going downhill, but I'm glad my Granddaddy made the effort to come see us.  It's just a sad, sad situation all the way around right now. Between my mom and my grandma, I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest and stomped on.  Life will never be the same. :(

1 comment:

pcb said...

Aw, sweetie, you have it coming at you from all directions. Just know that you and your family are in our thoughts constantly and my specific prayer is for comfort and peace for every one of you.