Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Last Week in Birmingham

Building forts.
Sorry Kaitlyn, "no babies allowed."

These two! I'll tell you what, I'm really going to miss those Madden kids!
Walker can't wait to show his Daddy that he can drive the jeep all by himself without me running behind him like a crazy person!

I am not going to miss the hill behind our house...or the trouble that it causes my kids to get into!

One last date for these two!


Wow! Sorry for the lack of updating! I have lots of good excuses, though. First and foremost, my nights have been filled with house drama (both here and Orlando) and moving drama. And secondly, my nights have been filled with trying to convince a certain 4 year old to sleep in his bed, but only to lose that battle around midnight. Ugh! What a bad habit I've started. I'll be honest, though, I've been in survival mode for the last month, so don't judge.


Since I posted last, we actually ended up renting a completely different house than I mentioned before. It was actually was our 2nd house, but it got rented right before our 1st house fell through. Long story short, the 2nd house's lease fell through, so we ended up getting it. See why I said "drama?" Ha! I'm excited about the house- it has a pool and is in a pretty awesome neighborhood. The house itself is a tad dated, but that's ok. It's a good bit bigger than our house here, so we've got to figure out the whole furniture situation. I'm just glad to be done with the searching. I'm not in love with this house by any means, however, I refuse to go through this renting process again anytime in the near future!

As far as our house here, we've had a lot of people come through and look...like almost daily! We actually received an offer Wednesday, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work out. We'll see. I'm so ready this figured out so I can mark one more HUGE thing off my list!


We are trying to make the most of our last few days here. I'm not one for goodbyes, so I've kinda been avoiding those at all costs. We've mostly been hanging out with the Maddens and just trying to be as normal as possible. Jake is really confused about what's going on- he knows we're "moving" but he thinks because Ryan Madden is moving too (to South Carolina), that Ryan is moving with us. Jake's really gonna have a hard time without Ryan; they've been together almost everyday since birth and are almost like brothers. I'm really worried about this transition for Jake.


Tyson is coming home this weekend! This is only the 3rd time he's been home (and the 1st time he's been home for more than 8 hours) since Jan. 8th. I can't tell you how excited we all are! I'll tell you what, I don't know how other coaches' wives do this (living without their husbands) for long periods of time (like waiting for the kids get out of school). It's only been 1 month without Tyson, and the kids and I are missing him like crazy! Thank goodness he isn't in the military, right?


I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to blog again; I might try early next week, but no promises. The movers will be here Tuesday to start packing and then the truck will roll out late Wednesday headed to Orlando! I can't believe it's time. So sad but so exciting! We'd appreciate your prayers for 1) safe travels, 2) a drama-free move, 3) an easy transition for Jake, and 4) some kind of resolution with our house in Birmingham.


Thanks y'all! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Bowens Bunch said...

Can't believe moving time is already here!!! We'll be praying for all those things are your list!!